||Deputy Country Director
||Global Vice President and Country Director
The Hunger Project (THP) is a global, strategic organization committed to the sustainable end of world hunger. THP Bangladesh was founded in 1991 to foment a volunteer-based movement for overcoming hunger and poverty sustainably. It is currently the largest volunteer-based organization in the country, with over 250,000 volunteers working toward self-reliance.
In Africa, Asia and Latin America, The Hunger Project empowers millions of women and men to end their own hunger. THP has pioneered low-cost, bottom-up, gender-focused strategies in each region where hunger persists. These strategies mobilize clusters of rural villages to create and run their own programs that achieve lasting progress in health, education, nutrition and family income.
The Hunger Project-Bangladesh seeks a dynamic and experienced Bangladeshi citizen for the position of Deputy Country Director to direct the in-country senior management team and oversee all program. The position requires the ability to lead and oversee in-country program design, implementation and expansion, monitoring and evaluation of all programs under the guidance of the Country Director. The duties include staff management, organizational development, developing and maintaining relationships with key partners and senior government officials, community mobilization, preparing various programs and donor reports, and developing grant proposals for institutional fundraising. Travel to remote areas where THP works will be necessary.
Program Design and Direction
- Understand, embrace and espouse the principles of the organization
- Direct and provide program implementation teams with all necessary assistance to ensure that program activities are carried out in accordance with plans, in a timely manner and with high standard of quality. Provide leadership, coordination, and day-to-day support to the programs
- Develop and implement annual work plans
- Define, articulate and propose issues for reform that create bottom-up, gender-focused, decentralized democratic governance
- Keep abreast of socio-economic and political changes in the environment and undertake timely strategic review of the organization’s program and strategy to ensure continued relevance in the rapidly changing environment
- Provide policy advice and support to the Country Director
- Develop ideas on organizational priorities and conduct strategic and operational planning exercises
- Support in developing and managing annual country operational budget
- Provide management expertise and leadership to a technically diverse team and create a work environment that promotes excellence
- Mobilize people from all sectors of the society into a volunteer-based movement for a hunger and poverty-free, self-reliant Bangladesh
- Represent the organization in high level national, regional and international meetings, conferences, forums and other public events and contribute toward consolidating and raising the profile of The Hunger Project
- Build and maintain productive relationships with government officials, policy makers, donor agencies, national and international organizations, political leaders and media
- Develop effective resource mobilization strategies and prepare grant proposals
- Explore opportunities for new partnerships and knowledge sharing with institutions dedicated to poverty alleviation
Funding and Grant Management
- Develop networks and partnerships with national, regional and international institutions in Bangladesh and spearhead donor collaboration, fund raising and project development within the country.
- Keep abreast of the trends within the donor environment in the country and internationally
- Undertake diversified local and international fund raising initiatives to strength programme funding and sustainability
- Ensure that effective grant management systems are in place and are in consistent with the organization’s overall fund seeking and management policy
|Qualifications, experiences and expertise
- Doctorate/Masters Degree in Economics, Public Administration or other related disciplines from reputed university
- Minimum 20 years experiences in top managerial position of private, public, bi-lateral or multilateral development institutions or non-profit organizations
- Proven track record in strategic planning, program development and fundraising
- Strong team-building and representational skills
- Demonstrated management skills and experience in supervising multi-disciplinary teams
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, creativity, resourcefulness and flexibility
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Bangla and English.
- Proven interpersonal and intercultural skills, including flexibility and sensitivity
- Exceptional transformative leadership skills for building leadership of others
- Sound knowledge of development concepts specially local government, good governance, human rights, and women’s empowerment
- Salary and other allowances are negotiable.
|How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit their resume, a writing sample and cover letter to The Hunger Project, Heraldic Heights, 2/2 Mirpur Road (Level-4), Block-A, Mohammadpur, Dhaka-1207 latest by 15th October 2018. Candidates who live abroad may apply to: email@example.com Female candidates are strongly encouraged.